YOUR PEACE OF MIND
CURB Media Limited (“CURB Media” “us” or “we”) operates this website and respects the security and privacy concerns of users of this and all its websites. We are notified under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and comply with the Act in all our dealings with your personal data.
Personal data collected via this website is controlled by:
CURB Media Limited,
7 Hanson Street. London WIW 6TE.
THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We may collect the following personal data from you:
- your name, email address and other contact details you provide from time to time;
- your payment information, such as credit and debit card details;
- details around your use of the website (see the sections below headed “Third Party Cookies” and “Cookies”); and
- any other information that you provide when filling in forms, posting information on the website and/or the forums or when you contact us.
We may also appoint third parties to collect and process personal data on our behalf for certain purposes such as targeted advertising and enabling single sign on functionality and social network integration as described here.
DATA COLLECTED FROM LOGIN/REGISTRATIONS
The personal data we may collect (if available) is:
- Your email address
- Your first and last name
- Your location (Hometown and country)
- Your gender
- Your date of birth
OUR USE OF PERSONAL DATA
The personal data collected is used to:
- provide users with information on the relevant CURB Media Campaign;
- to customise the user’s online experience and to improve the content of the website;
- for internal review of the web pages visited by the user;
- to track the progress and number of entries in promotions and contests;
- to track the number of users of the website and where appropriate, the products purchased through the website; and
- to provide users with information about produces or services that we, or carefully selected third parties, believe will be of interest to users (please see the sections directly headed “Sharing Personal Data” and “Direct Marketing”).
KEEPING AND MAINTAINING PERSONAL DATA
How long we keep your personal data depends on the context in which you provide it and the purposes for which we use it, but we will only ever retain your personal data for as long as is necessary for these purposes. Specifically:
- we will keep your personal data for as long as is necessary to provide you with products and/or services that you have requested or purchased;
- we will keep your contact information for marketing purposes for as long as we have your consent for: (i) us to send you marketing information about our products and services by you not opting-out of receiving this marketing information; and/or (ii) third parties to provide you with information about products or services that may be of interest to you by you opting-in to receiving this marketing information;
- we will keep records of any transactions for up to six years so we can respond to any complaints or disputes that arise during this time; and
- we will keep other information about you if it is necessary for us to do so and for us to comply with law or to protect or own, or other persons’, interests.
You can request details of the personal data that we hold about you by email@example.com and requesting the personal data that you would like access to. We may charge you a fee of up to £10 for this service. If you think any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write or e-mail us as soon as possible. If required, we will correct or update any information as soon as possible
SHARING PERSONAL DATA
Sometimes we will share your personal data with third parties outside of the CURB Media group and we may do this for the following reasons:
- to provide you with a service and/or product, but your personal data will only be used to provide you with this service and/or product;
- to provide you with information about promotions and offers if you have given your consent to receive these communications in accordance with the section headed “Direct Marketing”;
- where it is necessary to comply with law or to protect our or another person’s rights, property or safety (including to prevent fraud and to reduce payment risk – see the section headed “Financial”); and/or
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets.
Where a relevant product or company have entered into an agreement with CURB Media to have access to consumer data collected from the use of the website for future marketing purposes, we may allow access of your personal data to them. However, we will not do so unless they have confirmed to us that they are registered with the Data Protection Act.
Where users have signed up and not opted out from receiving information and promotions from us, the personal data may also be used to notify users of future CURB Media projects and campaigns concerned together with news on other CURB Media companies, related products and services which may be of interest to users. You hereby give us your consent to receive marketing information from us for these purposes by choosing not to opt-out on the registration form.
If at any time you wish to stop receiving information you can opt out or reply to the e-mail address at the bottom of each e-mail you receive from us. You can also opt out of any SMS communications you receive from us. Alternatively you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what you would like us to do.
we may market third party products or services ourselves and we may also, occasionally include advertising for third party products or services on the website, or in newsletters you receive from us.
You give us your consent to receiving marketing information from third parties about their products and services by choosing to opt-in on the registration form. We do not pass your details to third parties for the purposes of allowing them to market their products or service to you, UNLESS you have ticked this UNLESS you have ticked the third party box on our registration forms giving us permission to do so.
You give us your consent to receiving marketing information from our group companies.
Please note that the opt-ins and opt-outs on this website cover all means of us communicating with you, including by email, post, phone SMS text message and other electronic means.
When you choose to opt-in or opt-out through this website, this opt-in or opt-out will only apply to the personal data stored about you on this website’s databases. If you have provided personal data to one of our group companies through another channel, the use of that personal data will not be affected by the opt-ins or opt-outs that you select on this website.
USE BY CHILDREN
If you are under the age of 16 you should obtain the consent of your parents or legal guardians for submitting any personal data to this website.
Children under the age of 13 should not submit any personal data without the written consent of their parents or legal guardian. If you are a child under 13 and want to submit personal data to us please ask your parent or legal guardian to send us an email at email@example.com with the subject ‘Parental Consent’ specifying that they consent to us collecting your personal data through this website. You and your parents or legal guardians should also read the Safe Surfing Guide here. Parents or legal guardians may review or change the personal data of their children or refuse further collection of any such personal data by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
THIRD PARY COOKIES
If you wish to block third party cookies, you can do so in your browser’s security settings – indeed, the majority of browsers will block them by default.
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users of our forums (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use the forums, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant forum (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any forum we provide on the website, and we have no liability or responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of any forum by you in contravention of our standards in this section, whether the forum is moderated by us or not. While the administrators and moderators of our forums will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you must acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.
We ask that you agree to not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of the forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
Whenever we obtain your personal data we take reasonable precautions to protect it from unauthorised access or disclosure, but we cannot act as insurers of the security of your personal data transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any disclosure of data due to errors in transmission, unauthorised third party access or other acts of third parties, or acts or missions beyond our reasonable control.
You should not provide any information in your member profile that you do not wish to share with third parties and you should have no privacy expectations with respect to the information contained within it. You should be aware that if you voluntarily disclose information online in a public accessible area, such as in your member profile, a message board or chat room, that information may be collected an used by others. We do not control the actions of our visitors. If you disclose personal data in your member profile message board or any other public accessible place on the internet you do so at your own risk and should understand that your submitted information may be collected and used by others to send you unsolicited messages, advertisements, or for other purposes. Please remember the protection of your privacy begins with you. You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any password you use to register, and you should always be careful and responsible whenever disclosing information online.